Window and Door Services and Siding Replacement in Longmont, Colo.
Properly installed doors, windows and siding can help your home feel more enjoyable, secure and energy efficient. In fact, you could be losing as much as 25 to 30 percent of your warmed or cooled air through your windows alone. Installing attractive and energy efficient doors and siding can equally benefit your home, saving you money in energy costs and increasing your resale value.
You don’t want just anybody performing installations around your home. Even the best windows, doors and siding from high-end manufacturers can fail if the installation behind them is shoddy. Nex-Gen Home Exterior’s professional installers don’t take shortcuts. We use industry best practices and top-quality materials, especially sealants. We believe that it’s vital to do the job right the first time, and we’re proud to put our name on the work we do for homeowners throughout the Longmont, Colorado area.
Nex-Gen specializes in replacing windows, doors and siding for residential owners. If you’re thinking about a replacement, here’s what you should know.
Installation of Replacement Windows
When seeking replacement windows, it’s important to start by selecting a high-quality product that matches the architectural style, size and color of your home. We carry the entire line of Marvin windows. Marvin began as a family construction firm more than 100 years ago and has been manufacturing beautiful windows and doors since after World War II. Our qualified employees can help you narrow down your options until you find the perfect replacement window for your needs. Most window installation projects can be completed in a day, depending on how many windows need to be replaced.
Replacing your windows will give you as a homeowner a few key benefits, including:
- Lower energy costs. You could save as much as $274 a year, based on Energy.gov’s estimates.
- Higher resale value. Buyers want to see updated homes, and having energy-efficient windows will be a big selling point. The right windows increase curb appeal and you’ll be able to recover as much as 79 percent of your cost.
- Less fading of your interior furnishings. New windows block a higher percentage of ultraviolet rays, so your prized sofa or exotic throw rug won’t fade from sunlight coming through. No need to keep your blinds closed to protect from fading.
- Easier maintenance. New windows have fewer crevices and difficult-to-clean parts, so you’ll be able to spend less time washing the interior and exterior.
- Increased noise reduction. Live in a home near a busy street? New windows will help block the noise so your home is more peaceful.
How do you know when it’s time to replace your windows? You may have trouble opening or closing them, or you may feel obvious drafts when you’re standing near them. You may also see cracks in the frame or signs of condensation between panes of glass, which is a sign that your seals have failed.